4) Ask Lots of Questions
When buying a piece of equipment as important and as expensive as an Electric Folding Wheelchair one can never ask too many questions before a purchase.
It’s imperative that you firstly understand your own needs, then look for the right chair for you based on this. If you are struggling with this or just have more questions, then that’s when it’s a great idea to call a wheelchair specialist like ourselves and start asking away.
Good questions to ask.
- My wheelchair needs are xyz, what chair would you recommend for my needs and why?
- What range or distance can I expect from a particular chair’s batteries?
- Can your chairs batteries be charged on and off the chair?
- Are your batteries plane safe under the new airline regulations?
- How long do your chairs take to fold or unfold?
- Can your chairs be pushed and towed in a folded and unfolded position in freewheel mode?
- What warranty comes with your chair and what does it cover?
- What happens if my chair stops working under warranty?
- Does your company have legitimate product liability insurance? (95% of UK Sellers do not have proper insurance as it’s so expensive)
- Are your chairs multii-terrain capable and if so, to what extent?
- Do your chairs armrests fold up and out of the way for easier access and getting under tables?
- What is the delivery time if I purchased a chair?